Call to Artists: 8 x 8 Show
Deadline: Sunday, April 29, 2018 by 5 p.m. EST
The second annual 8 x 8 Exhibit will be in Maple and Main’s Stone Gallery from May 2 through 31, 2018 with the opening Friday, May 4 from 5 to 8 p.m. (First Friday in Chester and annual May Daze event).
Artists are welcome to submit as many paintings as they can make. There is no jurying, but we retain the right to reject any not done to standard. Please submit images of your 8 x 8's to Claudia Van Nes (email@example.com) and to Rachel Carlson (firstname.lastname@example.org) before intake on Saturday, April 28th and Sunday, April 29th.
- Core artists of the gallery can enter as many as they like at no cost.
- Guest artists in the current Spring Exhibit can do one at no cost and pay $10 each for subsequent ones.
- Artists not showing in the Spring Exhibit pay $10 for each painting.
Gallery Commission: 30 percent
- All work must be 8 x 8 and 1.5 inches deep
- All work must be done on paneled board like Ampersand or other board brands; no exceptions.
- Boards can be purchased at Jerry's Artarama or Dick Blick websites
- You can do any kind of art you want on the surfaces which come prepared for different applications. In the case of pastels: try coating the surface with Golden acrylic ground for pastels and affix the work with a spray fixative. For watercolors: use Ampersand Aquaboard or affix painting to surface with matte medium, weigh down and spray with Golden archival varnish – light coats.
- All work will be offered at $200 each.
- All work needs to be wired on the back, and the sides can be left natural or painted.
- All work must be unframed.
- All work must be delivered to the gallery by 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 29.
- Photographs, off-set lithographs, and other prints made using xerographic digital, or photographic processes do not qualify.
All submissions of work and materials are at the artist’s sole risk. Maple and Main Gallery assumes no responsibility for loss or damage during the exhibition or subsequent storage at the close of the show. Artists agree to commit accepted works for the duration of the exhibition. Maple and Main Gallery reserves the right to remove or not accept any art for any reason at any time.
Show Intake: Work can be delivered in person on Saturday, April 28 and Sunday, April 29 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. or by special arrangement with Rachel Carlson, our gallery director. Please fill out artwork tags for each piece submitted and an artwork inventory sheet (see links below).
Pick-Up for Unsold Work: Thursday, May 31 before 5 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact the gallery at 860-526-6065 or email@example.com.